Come and see Emily for a specialist postnatal examination. This will assess your posture, pelvic floor muscles and tummy muscles after the birth of your baby.
This is recommended at 6-8 weeks after delivery (vaginal or caesarean) but can be done at any time within the postnatal period.
What is the Mummy Health Check?
Initial 1 Hour assessment:
- screening for any bladder, bowel or sexual dysfunction
- full postural screen
- pelvic floor muscle assessment
- scar assessment
- abdominal muscle examination to check for any separation
- guidance on safe return to activity/sport/work
- bespoke treatment program
- education and advice on all activities associated with caring for your baby
Up to 50% of all women experience weakness in both the abdominal and pelvic floor muscles after pregnancy.
This can cause instability and poor core strength, leading to women developing pelvic pain, back pain, or bladder, bowel or sexual problems and dysfunction.
These conditions do NOT have to be something you should just put up with as a result of having your baby.